DVCUG Mission Statement:
The Delaware Valley Computer Users Group (DVCUG) serves Information Technology professionals who utilize IBM Midrange and related technologies. The DVCUG promotes an understanding of industry practices, supports professional development, and facilitates communication among its members.
- DVCUG members contribute to, and derive benefits from, an open exchange of ideas, experiences, and knowledge.
- DVCUG services are rendered in an environment geared toward education and free from direct selling and recruiting.
- The DVCUG provides its members with opportunities to explore the broad spectrum of solutions available in the field of information technology.
- Primary activities of the DVCUG include regular meetings, monthly newsletters, annual seminar, website, and trade group affiliations (e.g. COMMON).
Adopted by the Board of Directors: 6/99
DVCUG Code Of Ethics:
DVCUG members recognize their duty to act with consideration of the interests of all members including end-users (practitioners), vendors, individuals, and corporations.
Each member agrees to:
- Uphold the Bylaws
- Cooperate with fellow members in the sharing of information
- Maintain a high level of professionalism
- Act responsibly in the application of knowledge gained
- Guard his/her employer's interests
- Be discreet wherein the Group, a fellow member, or a fellow member's company is involved
- There shall be no recruiting and/or offers of employment at any DVCUG function
- There shall be no direct selling at any DVCUG function unless specifically invited to do so by the Board of Directors
- There shall be no vendor initiated hospitality at any DVCUG function
The Board of Directors is responsible for interpretation of the Code of Ethics. Failure to adhere to the Code of Ethics shall result in expulsion from a function and/or the loss of membership privileges.
Adopted by the Board of Directors: 11/17/86 Revised: 6/89, 8/89, 6/99